Date: April 9, 2019
Subject: HR Cut over Dates for Workday Implementation
Sender: Pam Walsh, AVP of Employee Engagement
Receiver: Boston Staff
Dear Colleagues -
As we prepare to for our Go Live with Workday on July 1st, there are several guidelines we'd like to put in place to ensure the accuracy of our data moving from Banner to Workday.
On Friday, May 3rd the HR data in Banner will be frozen and used to populate Workday. The dates below have been determined after a review of due dates for both the HR Service Center and Payroll, to ensure time to have information accurately entered into Banner for a clean transition. These dates refer to any STAFF changes and job postings. FACULTY changes/hires are not impacted by these dates.
- April 17 - Final day for employee changes to be submitted to HR including; Title, Salary, Grade, Promotions, or Cost Center (FOAPAL). Employee changes will resume on July 8th. See below.
- Exempt (Semi-Monthly) Employees will see changes reflected in the April 30th paycheck.
- Non-Exempt (Weekly) Employees will see changes reflected in the April 26th paycheck,
- Work with your HR Business Partner (HRBP) to ensure changes are completed accurately. HRBPs are Mary Doyle (ext. 8262) or Laurie Meacham (ext. 3683).
- May 31 - This is the last day jobs will be posted on PeopleAdmin. Please work with your HRBP and Janet Pohli to have any open requisitions posted by this date so we can continue sourcing the best candidates throughout this transition.
- July 1 - New Job Postings will be posted using Workday. Training will be offered to managers beginning the last two weeks in May and continuing throughout the summer on how to initiate postings in Workday.
- July 8 - Employee Changes may be initiated through Workday. Training will be offered to Managers throughout the summer on how to initiate changes in Workday. Please discuss anticipated employee changes with your HRBP throughout this transition.
There is no cut off date for interviewing, hiring and the start of new employees throughout this transition. Day One Orientations will continue to be held every other Monday (or Tuesday if a holiday) throughout the summer.
We are looking forward to a successful launch of Workday and appreciate your support in making that happen!