Each of us plays a part in protecting minors. The College offers programs and activities that minors attend and in which they participate. The protection of Minors Policy addresses the protection and safety of minors in these programs and activities and establishes procedures for reporting known or suspected abuse or neglect of minors.
Members of the Emerson community interact with minors in a variety of ways, including as prospective and enrolled students, employees, interns, visitors, and participants in programs or activities. These interactions may occur on or off-campus.
Every member of the Emerson community who knows, suspects, or receives information indicating that a minor has been or is being abused or neglected must report this information to the College.
To view the complete Minors Policy >>
Online Training Course
This course offers scenarios based on real-life cases to help you recognize, prevent, and report sexual misconduct. It is recommended that all Emerson community members complete this course.
- Target Audience: Faculty, Staff, Supervisors, and Students
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Go to: https://learn.ue.org/AW5KJ989322/EmersonEmployees
- Login or Register - once you've submitted an email will be sent to the address you used
- Under "My Courses" find the course: Protecting Children: Identifying and Reporting Misconduct and click to enroll
- Once you've gone through the course, you'll receive a certificate of completion. HR will also be able to see your course completion.