Overview of Reference Checks
Reference Checks are a vital part of hiring. Three completed references from former supervisors is Emerson’s best practice. You can also watch a video on how to submit references.
Instructions for Initiating Your Reference Checks
1. Please add or use the link sent to your email asking for your references.
2. Access your Workday applicant portal: Emerson Staff External Postings.
3. Click into your Candidate Home page.
- If you have forgotten your password, click the "Forgot Password" button. You’ll receive an email to reset your password.
- Click into your profile
4. Add Find Tasks awaiting your action.
5. Under My Tasks start the requested task.
6. Under My Tasks, select Provide References.
7. Follow the instructions to input the correct information for three references.
- Include all the information requested: name, how you know them, correct phone, and active email to expedite these conversations.
- Please substitute a coworker, should your career have yielded less than three (3) former supervisors
- Please ensure you have already gotten consent to list these people on your behalf.
8. Click "OK"
9. You will receive a pop-up confirming you submitted your references. You will also see the confirmation under My Tasks.
10. Please alert them to expect to hear from Emerson College within the next two business days.
What Happens Next?
Your references reach our recruiter. The recruiter will then contact your references to schedule a time to connect. Once Emerson College has the three references completed, Emerson College will be able to continue forward.