Staff scheduled to work at least 20 hours per week have a choice of one of the following parking & transit benefits, if they will be coming into campus this fall (if working 100% remotely, none of these benefits apply).
- Subsidized public transit benefit through WageWorks – subsidized up to $84.50 per month
- Subsidized parking (for staff scheduled 26+ hrs per week and grades 17 and above only) – for those working 4 to 5 days per week
- Special Reimbursement option (this fall only) – a reimbursement of up to $84.50 per month for public transit or parking. Parking will be reimbursed only if the staff member utilizes the $16 per day discount parking program at the Boston Common or Ritz/VPNE garages. Instructions for the reimbursement process (to be done via Workday) will be sent to those who indicate interest in this option. This option can be used for expenses incurred starting August 1. However, employees will not be eligible for this reimbursement during months they have an active WageWorks order, or are enrolled with subsidized monthly parking.
- Full Subsidy of annual blue bikes subscription (email Tricia Kennedy if interested).
FT Faculty Benefits
FT Faculty teaching on campus this fall are eligible to elect one of the following parking & transit benefits. The faculty parking/transit benefits begin effective Sept. 1.
- Subsidized public transit benefit through WageWorks – subsidized up to $42.25 per month
- Subsidized Monthly Parking at Boston Common Garage. Rates are determined once a count for monthly parkers has been established, based on calculation from the contract.
- Daily Parking Reimbursement – reimbursed at 70% (must use $16 discount program at the Boston Common or Ritz/VPNE garage).
- Full subsidy of annual Blue Bikes subscription.
Affiliated Faculty Benefits (for members of AFEC)
Affliliated faculty who are teaching on campus are eligible for a subsidy of $42.25 per month towards public transit. Communications regarding this benefit are sent out each fall in early September, once a final affiliated faculty teaching list has been provided by Anne Doyle, and reimbursements are for expenses starting September 1.
Special Reimbursement Option for Parking (this fall only) – a reimbursement of up to $42.25 per month for parking (in lieu of public transit) at the Boston Common (Zero Charles Street) or Ritz/VPNE (10 Avery St.) garages. Affiliated faculty members who are eligible may submit for either public transit and/or parking – the total monthly reimbursement will be $42.25.
Affiliated faculty can also receive a full subsidy of an annual Blue Bikes subscription (email Tricia Kennedy if interested), in lieu of a transit/parking reimbursement for the academic year.
$16 Discount Parking at Boston Common & VPNE Garages
See below for links to flyers about the $16 discount programs. If you have questions about these programs, please call the garages directly:
Boston Common Garage: 617-954-2098
VPNE/Ritz Garage: 617-574-7252