To ensure our community can plan accordingly, below are the CA holiday listings for 2021. Please refer to the College’s policies (Holidays - CA) for further clarification. Emerson College holidays consist of a mixture of major holidays and college holidays. The asterisk indicates major holidays; no asterisk indicates college holidays.
- New Year’s Day*: Saturday, January 1
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day*: Monday, January 18
- President’s Day*: Monday, February 15
- Memorial Day*: Monday, May 31
- Independence Day*: Sunday, July 4 (Observed Holiday: Monday July 5)
- Labor Day*: Monday, September 6
- Indigenous Peoples' Day* (Columbus Day*): Monday, October 11
- Veterans Day*: Thursday, November 11
- Thanksgiving*: Thursday, November 25
- Friday after Thanksgiving: Friday, November 26.
- Christmas Day: Saturday, December 25
Please see the Holiday - CA Policy for more information.
Winter Break - Staff
Emerson College closes for Winter Break - Staff generally falls between December 24th through the business day following the January 1st observed holiday. While the majority of operational units close during this time, some departments remain operational. Please see the Winter Break - Staff Policy for more information.
Winter Break will begin on Friday, December 24, 2021, and end on Monday, January 3, 2022.
Employees are able to use their personal and/or vacation days for additional days out of the office (i.e. religious holidays).