The College contracts with UNUM to provide eligible employees with Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance. See benefit summaries below.
Life Insurance Information
- Eligible employees are covered for two (2) times their base salary (rounded up to the highest $1,000), up to $700,000 for Life Insurance.
- Eligible employees are also covered under Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance.
- Waiting periods vary based on employment classification. The College pays the full premium cost.
- Eligible employees enter and change life insurance beneficiaries on Workday.
- Coverage ends 31 days after an employee’s termination date or change to an ineligible status. Covered employees who lose coverage are eligible for the conversion option.
Employees eligible for Life Insurance coverage are also eligible for a Travel Assistance Benefit through UNUM.
If you wish to add or make changes to your Life Insurance beneficiaries, follow the Instructions for Adding or Changing Life Insurance Beneficiaries in Workday.