The College contracts with UNUM (Lincoln Financial in 2021) to provide eligible employees with Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance. See benefit summaries below.
Life Insurance Information
- Eligible employees are covered for two (2) times their base salary (rounded up to the highest $1,000), up to $700,000 for Life Insurance.
- Eligible employees are also covered under Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance.
- Waiting periods vary based on employment classification. The College pays the full premium cost.
- Eligible employees enter and change life insurance beneficiaries on Workday.
- Coverage ends 31 days after an employee’s termination date or change to an ineligible status. Covered employees who lose coverage are eligible for the conversion option.
It is important to make sure you have designated the beneficiaries for your Life and AD&D Insurance. For directions, see the Instructions for Adding or Changing Your Beneficiaries on Workday.