We are excited to have you join the Emerson Community!
The College wants to ensure that new staff employees starting full-time, regular positions are introduced to some of the basics of getting started in our community before you begin with your manager on more specific aspects of your position. Due to the COVID pandemic, all regular new hires will be attending orientation remotely until we are able to gather together safely again.
Guidance Prior to COVID: The College requires all new staff employees starting full-time, regular positions to attend an orientation session on their first day of employment. Orientation sessions are held in the Office of Human Resources, 20 Park Plaza, 13th floor. Held every other Monday (except for Monday holidays when the schedule moves to Tuesday) the Day One Orientation program runs from 8:45 am - 2:00 pm. Additionally, there is a welcome to the SEIU session from 2:05-2:25 for new members.
During the Day One Orientation program, you will....
- have the opportunity to meet other staff starting at Emerson
- learn about the history of the school during a presentation from the College's archivist
- review college policies and employment paperwork
- hear about the first-year experience program for staff
- connect your new job to the College's strategic goals
- receive a full benefits package overview
- enjoy lunch with your manager and fellow new hires and get tips about working at Emerson
- March 15
- March 29
- April 12
- April 26
- May 10
- May 24
- June 7