We are excited to have you join the Emerson Community!
The College requires all new staff employees starting regular positions (temporary/contingent workers not included) to attend an orientation session on their first day of employment. Orientation sessions are held every other Monday (except for Monday holidays when the schedule moves to Tuesday). Due to the COVID pandemic, all orientation sessions are remote until we are able to gather together safely again.
Day One Orientation Schedule
- 9:00 am - 11:00 am Foundations of Emerson presentation
- 2:30 pm - 2:45 pm SEIU member presentation
- 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm Benefits presentation
Upcoming Orientation Dates
- September 13
- September 27
- October 12 (Tuesday)
- October 25
- November 8
- November 22
- December 6
During the Orientation program, you will:
- have the opportunity to meet other staff starting at Emerson
- review college policies and employment paperwork
- hear about the first-year experience program for staff
- connect your new job to the College's strategic goals
- receive a full benefits package overview
Onboarding as a new employee encompasses your entire first year at Emerson. We are continually updating the First-Year Experience program and look forward to hearing your feedback as you progress through it.