Effective January 1, 2022 Emerson began offering a new Vision benefit, administered by EyeMed, a leading national vision care company. EyeMed contracts with many independent providers and with retail outlets LensCrafters, Pearle Vision and Target Optical.
Originally offered to police union and non-union staff only, effective July 1, 2022 this plan will be offered to all Full-Time faculty, and to Affiliated Faculty who are eligible for medical/dental coverage.
At this time, this benefit is not available to members of the SEIU as collective bargaining is underway.
Benefits under the plan include examinations, lenses, contact lenses, and frames. There are also discounts on Lasik, and on hearing exams and hearing aids.
There are three coverage tiers offered, Individual; Individual + 1; and Family.
This plan is 100% employee paid.
See below for additional information about the plan.
Virtual Benefit Fair: Click below for EyeMed's Virtual Benefits Fair which includes:
- A detailed summary specific to Emerson's EyeMed Vision plan
- A link to EyeMed's online provider directory to find nearby in-network providers
- An enrollment video with information about the benefits
To visit the EyeMed Virtual Benefit Fair, click on the link below and enter the password "RM62ZKQ2".
Finding a Provider
To find an in-network provider
- Go to Eyemed.com.
- At the top right hand section of the home page, click on "Find an Eye Doctor."
- Under "Network" select "Insight Network."