Recap and Review
We covered a lot of information in a short amount of time and we don’t expect you to remember it all!
Your First To-Do Items
- Review the checklist in your Day One Handouts
- Complete any Benefits enrollment steps
- Sign and return the MAPFML document to Tess Wilensky (email@example.com)
- Get your Emerson ID
- Complete the online course “Prevent Discrimination and Harassment”
- Testing: Read the latest information on testing protocols for staff
- Return to Campus Tool Kit: This tool kit will help all of us navigate the hybrid work environment we're facing.
- Tour Campus: Take a Virtual Tour of campus or meet with one of your team members to get an in-person tour
Be on the lookout for this graphic in your emails!
Due to the cyclical nature of higher education, we know that your entire first year is key to your success at Emerson. We have a series of emails queued up and ready to send you. Each email will focus on a subset of information for you to explore. You’ll receive these more frequently in your first few weeks, then monthly. When these arrive, please take the time to read through them, and when appropriate, discuss them with your manager or other team members.
The entire HR team is here to help you. Sign in and you can send your questions to us by clicking “Submit a Ticket”. By signing in, you are also able to view your requests and their status. The added bonus of this method of contact is that you don’t have to remember who does what on our team. We'll assign your request to the person who can best assist you.
New Hire Onboarding Series
- Day One Orientation Program
- Orientation Follow-Up
- Get to Know the Emerson Lingo!
- Getting Started with Technology
- Campus Safety and Support Resources
- Explore Campus
- Workday and Time Reporting
- Work with a Purpose
- Connect with the Community
- Learn and Grow
- Expectations and Feedback
- Wellness at Work
- Beyond the Job: Embrace all that Emerson Offers